Reservation rental policies
Garden City Realty Vacation Rental Regulations
**If you are renting a Surfmaster Unit, please check in at our Surfmaster Office, Unit 104.**
**All other reservations check-in and pick up keys at the Garden City Main Office at 608 Atlantic Avenue.**
Golf, Shop, Play, Eat, Enjoy! Myrtle Beach is known for its golf courses and beaches, but we've also got fabulous food and shopping. Can you believe there are more than 1900 full-service restaurants in the area, along with 3 malls, hundreds of independent retail shops, specialty boutiques and factory outlet stores? We've got flea markets, beachwear stores and art galleries, too. So bring your comfy shoes!
- Rental Week is from Saturday to Saturday.
- Check-In-Time: begins after 3:00 P.M. Access to the property is guaranteed when the property has been cleaned and inspected.
- To Confirm: A deposit of ½ the rent plus the Travel Insurance is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- For more information on the Travel Insurance, click here: http://www.travelguard.com/partners/brochures/008085_P2-P3_806.pdf.
- Personal Checks: Personal checks will only be accepted if received in our office 30 days before arrival date. Cash, certified funds, traveler’s check, Master Card, or Visa will be gladly be accepted for all other payments.
- Tax: All rents are subject to South Carolina sales and accommodations tax.
- Reservation Booking Fee: A reservation fee of $25 will be charged for each reservation made.
- Tentative Reservations: During your vacation, you may make plans to reserve a vacation home or condo for next year. Owners have a top priority, followed by this year’s renter. If you have not made a tentative reservation by check out time, the home may be reserved by anyone on a first come first serve basis. To make a tentative reservation, come by our office any time Monday through Friday, preferably not Saturday, please, and leave a $50 deposit. The deposit will hold your reservation until December 15th. Full details are available in our office. Deposit is not refundable.
- Cancellations: Should a reservation be cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival an amount of 80% of the reservation deposit will be refunded once the property is rerented for the full amount of the original reservation. Should a reservation be cancelled within 30 days of arrival all monies are forfeited unless the property is rerented for the full amount of the original reservation.
- Subleasing: No rental agreement may be assigned or subleased without prior consent, confirmed in writing.
- Age Limit: We reserve the right not to give a key to anyone under 25 years of age.
- Rental Unit Assigned: A specific property will be selected and assigned for your visit, HOWEVER, in the event the status of the unit changes due to change of ownership, damage, etc., we reserve the right to reassign you to another property. Every effort will be made to provide for your needs.
- Accommodations: Occupancy must not exceed number stated in unit description. Exception: Infant/Toddler prearranged.
- Damage Waiver Fee: A non-refundable waiver of damages fee of $35.00 is included as part of all reservations. This fee will cover the cost of any unintentional damages, up to $1000.00, which may occur to the property during your stay with us.
- Liability for damages: Aside from normal wear and tear, you will be responsible to pay the owner for any damages to the property or its contents during your vacation residency. Please notify our office if you discover any item that needs the attention of our maintenance department.
- Cleaning Policy: Please follow the cleaning guidelines in the rental brochure so the family that follows you will be able to check into a clean and neat vacation home. You may be charged a service fee if the home is not thoroughly cleaned.
- Checkout Maid Service: Checkout maid service is included on all weekly vacation rental properties.
- Linens: Linens (sheets, pillow cases, towels, and washcloths) are not furnished in all rental units. If you wish to rent linen, please notify us 2 weeks prior to arrival. If you wish to rent a crib please let us know.
- Termination: Occupancy will be terminated without refund for activity detrimental to the unit or facility or violation of the rules and regulations.
- Families Only-No House Parties: Occupancy will be denied at check-in or terminated immediately without refund on any "House Party".
- Lock Outs: If keys are lost or locked in the unit after hours, there will be a $25.00 call-in fee to unlock the unit.
- Locked Closets: Used by the owner for their personal items and are not included in this rental.
- Parking Is Limited: You will be requested to park additional vehicles off premises. No trailers, campers, etc. (This refers only to condos).
- Repairs: We cannot guarantee heat, A/C, plumbing, appliances or like equipment. NO REFUND will be made upon their failure; however, every effort will be made to make repairs as soon as possible to provide for your comfort. This also applies to facility pools, spas, elevators, etc.
- Entry Into Rental Property: Entry into rental property may be necessary from time to time by authorized personnel. Every effort will be made to minimize these entries connected with repair, care and maintenance of the property.
- Long Distance Phone Calls: Renter is responsible for all long distance calls made from the property.
- Items Left Behind: C.O.D. charges plus a $20.00 service charge must be paid if you request us to package and return items left behind.
- Deposits and Rents: Deposits and rents will be deposited in an insured, interest bearing escrow account to the credit of Garden City Realty, Inc.
- Construction?: If you are renting by a home under construction, please be tolerant. If you have any problems, we will ask the contractors to be more considerate with respect to start/quit times, noise, etc., but no refunds will be made.
- Charcoaling: Absolutely no charcoaling on porches or balconies. Use only areas that are safe for charcoaling.
- Pets: Pets are allowed in properties specifically advertised as "Pet Friendly" only.